How will we support your child?
We will offer a safe and stimulating environment, which will help your child to take risks and develop a love of learning. By ensuring that our curriculum is created by specialists who love their subject, you can be assured that your child will be supported and challenged in just the right amount to help them thrive.
As part of the Early Years curriculum, staff will help children develop their skills to become effective learner.
Characteristics of effective learning are:
• Playing and Exploring – children investigate and experience things, and ‘have a go’
• Active Learning – children concentrate and keep on trying if they encounter difficulties, and enjoy achievements
• Creating and Thinking Critically – children have and develop their own ideas, make links between ideas, and develop strategies for doing things
Staff at Dunkirk know their pupils incredibly well and are therefore are able to support your child with most of their learning needs.
However, if needed, your child will have access to a range of experts who specialise in supporting pupils with additional needs. These include:
- Paul Lowther and Heidi Hollis - school Special Educational Needs Co-Ordinators
- Trudi McWilliams - Special Educational Needs Teacher
- Alison Kendell - English as an Additional Language practitioner
- Gemma Bradley-Fortune - play therapist
- A range of subject leaders with expert knowledge on how to support pupils learning in particular subjects.