A message from the SEND Team:
My name is Paul Lowther and I am the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO) at Dunkirk Primary School. My role is to lead the day-to-day running of the school SEN policy in line with the SEN code of practice. Myself, Mrs Hollis and Trudi McWilliams work closely together as the SEN team to:
- Support class staff to identify children with special educational needs including, academically, socially, emotionally and physically.
- Co-ordinate support and provision for individual children through adapted teaching, interventions and resources.
- Work in partnership with parents and caregivers, class teachers, support staff and outside agencies to ensure individual children's needs are supported through Individual Education Plans (IEPs) or Individual Behaviour Plans (IBPs).
- Provide whole school staff training to enhance support for children with SEN.
- Hold regular review meetings with parents, carers and other professionals involved with individual families to monitor progress and targets.
- Regularly review the effectiveness of the SEN policy.
If you have any questions then please feel free to get in touch with me via the schools details:
Tel: 0115 9153273
Please use this link to view Nottingham City Councils SEND offer pages.
Or use the links below to see the Dunkirk Primary School SEND Offer.