- Abbey and Highfields Classes»
- Highfields Campus Classes»
- Class and Curriculum Information»
Class and Curriculum Information
Hello and welcome to our class curriculum page. Here you will find useful information about the things your child is learning at school.
- Please can your child bring in their water bottle and a coat every day.
- PE is on a Thursday. Your child can come to school in the new relaxed dress code every day, however you may chose to only do this on a Thursday. This means that your child does not have to change into PE kit.
-Homework will be set on Classdojo every Monday and Friday. This will include spellings, reading, maths and some writing work.
- You may message me with questions on Classdojo. I will respond to these on a Monday and Friday.
- Your child still has access to Times Tables Rockstars which really helps them to improve their fluency in multiplication and division. They can also access Spelling Shed where they can play games which involve the spellings they need to learn each week.
In Maths we are continuing to follow the Power Maths scheme. We adapt the scheme to meet the needs of our children and ensure that they are all progressing throughout the year. This term the topics are Place Value, Addition and Subtraction, Graphs and Tables, Multiplication and Division and Area and Perimeter.
We also spend time every day becoming fluent in our additive and multiplication facts. We do this in lots of fun ways such as using play cards, playing games and chanting.
Big Read and English
In Big Read and English we are reading Fair’s Fair. At the moment we are planning and writing a diary based on this text. After half-term we will be writing a narrative and a biography.
Our theme is Victorian Life, Crime and Punishment. So far we have looked at the Victorian timeline and things that were invented during this period. After half-term we will be looking in more depth at Crime and Punishment during this time.
In Science we have been look at living things and their habitats we will be moving onto finding out about Humans and other animals after half term.
Meet the Teacher
Here is the recording of our 'Meet the Teacher' session. Please watch for information about our school day, a tour of the classroom and information about home learning for the Autumn Term.