Can my child video call their teacher?
We are not operating live teaching - all taught lessons are pre-recorded and shared on the Class Dojo app. You can message your child's teacher through Class Dojo and the teacher will give your child written feedback on work submitted via the app. Someone in the year group can phone you/your child to talk through the work as well. This is a daily offer.
We are just starting to trial 1-1 (one pupil, one teacher) video calls with identified pupils in certain year groups. These pupils have been invited and parents have agreed to the sessions. If this is successful then we will consider similar options for all pupils in all year groups.
If your child attends a 1-1 session, this will be held as a "Zoom meeting". Your child's teacher will supply you with a meeting link and a password for the meeting. Only pupils who have pre-arranged sessions should use these details.
If you need help getting started with Zoom please watch this video.
By allowing your child to attend a 1-1 live session with a teacher you are agreeing to the following code of conduct (which you can download in full below):
- All video calls will be recorded by the school for the safeguarding of pupils and staff. Attendance registers will be kept
- Pupils will behave appropriately and remain focused on learning
- Pupils will arrive promptly and on time for their session to ensure they get the full benefit of the session
- Pupils will be dressed appropriately – daytime clothing, no pyjamas
- Pupils will not record their screen
- Parents will be in the room or in the next room with the door open during the call
- Parents will be mindful of language and behaviour during the call
- If parents have any concerns about the content of the call they can contact a member of SLT via the school office who will review the meeting content
- Pupils who miss appointments will be contacted by school to discuss the reasons for non-attendance
- Pupils who repeatedly miss appointments may be told that they are no longer eligible for the sessions
- Pupils or parents who behave inappropriately may be told that the pupil is no longer eligible to attend the sessions