- Abbey and Highfield Classes»
- Highfields Campus Classes»
- Bye Bye Banyan, Banyan Bye Bye!»
Summer 2: English - Writing, Biographies, Lesson 1, 6/7/20
Summer 2: English - Writing, Biographies Lesson 1 - Ernest Shackleton
Instructions for Lesson 1, Biographies - Ernest Shackleton
Here we go on our final writing unit - biography.
A biography is a piece of writing about the life of someone but it has been written by another person.
So the focus of our biography unit is a famous explorer called Ernest Shackleton.
Your task today:
1) Write down:
* A list showing what you already know about biographies.
* Any language features that you know.
2) Watch video 1: Miss Stray introduces the biography unit
3) Background Information: Earnest Shackleton
Watch this video to give you some information about this explorer who led three British expeditions to the Antarctic. You might want to take some notes on the key information.
4) Model (WAGOLL) Text: Biography of Ernest Shackleton
Open the attachment called 'WAGOLL text biography Ernest Shackleton'. Read the model text - if you are at school, you might want to read it as a hub.