- Abbey and Highfield Classes»
- Highfields Campus Classes»
- Bye Bye Banyan, Banyan Bye Bye!»
Summer 2: English - Reading Lesson 1 on 1/6/20
Summer 2: English Reading Unit - Lesson 1, 1/6/20, Pig Heart Boy by Malorie Blackman
Instructions for Reading Lesson 1, 1/6/20
* Click on the video below - introducing Mr Hall. He ordinarily teaches Larch class (year 5/6) at the Abbey Campus. In lesson 1, he reads chapter 1 of the text 'Pig Heart Boy' by Malorie Blackman.
Today's challenge: To read aloud to convey drama
Mr Hall gives details in the video about why reading texts aloud helps to express the dramatic opening.
Your task: Answer these questions - you might want to take examples from chapter 1
* Why does the author choose to write short sentences in chapter 1?
* How does reading short sentences effect the way we read the chapter?