- Abbey and Highfield Classes»
- Highfields Campus Classes»
- Bye Bye Banyan, Banyan Bye Bye!»
Summer Term - English Unit - Explanations 21/5/20
Summer Term: Explanations - The Heart and the Circulatory System - Lesson 4 on 21/5/20
Instructions for Lesson 4 on 21/5/20
Reading: Focus on fluency of the WAGOLL text. Can you:
* Read at speed but with a clear voice?
* Read every word (including red key vocabulary) with confidence and accuracy?
* Tell someone in your house about three things you've learnt in the WAGOLL text?
Writing: Semi-colons and Dashes Part 2
You should be a bit of an expert now. How would you answer these two questions?
1. When might you use a semi-colon?
2. When might you use a dash?
Here's a reminder from yesterday's work in case you struggled to answer the two questions:
Today's task builds on work from 20/5/20:
* Open the attachment called 'Semi colons and dashes part 2';
* Write out each multi-clause sentence and add in either a semi colon or a dash between clauses.
• Underline the main clauses in blue pencil crayon/pen;
• Underline the subordinate (or relative) clause in red pencil crayon/pen;
• Circle the ; or – in green;
• Write a key to show what the different colours represent;
* Answers - to mark your work, open the attachment called 'Answers semi colons and dashes part 2'.
Let me know how you got on!