- Abbey and Highfield Classes»
- Highfields Campus Classes»
- Bye Bye Banyan, Banyan Bye Bye!»
Final English Blog: Explanations - 22/5/20
Summer Term: Explanations Unit - The Heart and Circulatory System, Lesson 5 on 22/5/20
Instructions for 22/5/20
Reading: Final fluency practise
* Click on the link (or find the video at Dunkirk Year 5/6 Highfields YouTube channel).
* Read with me and shout out the missing vocabulary when I come to a space in the text.
Writing: Key Features Search: Explanation
* You will need a copy of the WAGOLL text (online or printed, whatever is best);
* Open the attachment called 'Explanation key features search' - this will show you the key features I want you to look out for in the WAGOLL text;
* Find evidence of each key feature in the WAGOLL text and make a note on the grid.
It is unlikely that we will continue this unit after half term (because some of year 6 will be returning to school) so we won't be planning, drafting and writing our own explanation of how the heart works. Boo hoo!
BUT, if you fancy a challenge:
* Have a go at writing your version of 'How the human heart works' with diagrams;
* Send it to Banyan's email.
I'll leave it up to you!