Summer Term: English Unit - Explanations 14/5/20
Summer Term: Explanations - The Heart and the Circulatory System, Lesson 4 on 14/5/20
Instructions for Lesson 4, 14/5/20
Vocabulary warm up: Have another look through the key vocabulary. You might want PAUSE the video after each key word and make notes.
Reading: Fluency and starting to replace key vocabulary with synonyms
* Open the WAGOLL text (attachment called 'WAGOLL text The Heart and Circulatory System';
* Read each paragraph out loud and TRY to replace each key word (in red) with a possible synonym.
You will need a copy of the WAGOLL text 'The Heart and the Circulatory System' (on screen copy or a paper copy). The focus is on the red key vocabulary:
1. Make a list of all 13 key words in the WAGOLL;
2. Find at least TWO synonyms for each key word;
3. Check that your synonyms fit in with the text - make sure they fit with the context.
How did you get on?
Send copies of today's work to Banyan's email address so I can post your work on this page