Summer Term: English Unit - 23/4/20 Lesson 4
Summer term English unit: Lesson 4 - 23/4/20 The Perfect Tense Day 4
Instructions for lesson 4 - 23/4/20:
Read the WAGOLL 'The Dementor's Kiss'
Reading task: Can you provide a written summary the main events in The Dementor's Kiss in around 40-50 words?
* Read the extract from the WAGOLL on the attachment;
* Underline all the present tense verbs and replace them with the perfect tense.
Extract from the text: "He feels them watching him, hears their rattling breath..."
Present tense verbs: feels hears
Replace with perfect tense: He had felt them watching him, had heard their rattling breath...
* Rewrite the whole extract to show your understanding of the perfect tense.
* Extra challenge: Go on, have a go...!
* Answers: Open the 'Answers' attachment and mark your work. Blue review where you can.
Let me know how you got on!
Email Banyan class pages with photographs of your work.
I love L's work. With feedback, she has been able to blue review day 4's perfect tense work successfully. Thank you L and very well done!