Aims and Vision
Our vision is for a happy, confident and successful school community which is positive and forward looking, respects and listens, is supportive and challenging. We celebrate diversity, have pride in ourselves and strive for success within a creative and innovative ethos.
Our drive for excellence places children at the heart of everything we do with a strong commitment to ensure we work in partnership towards the same goal of success and achievement for every child.
Our Core Values
Our core values relate directly to the school's vision aims and school improvement priorities:
Children and families first
For everyone to be the best they can be
Working to high standards
Enjoying our work and always wanting to get better
We are a team and every player is important
Sharing the vision
We're proud of our school and want everyone to be happy learners
A safe school culture
Thinking carefully about what we say and do and how other people are feeling
Change and innovation
Trying new ideas is good
- Be an inclusive school which provides a welcoming atmosphere for children and adults, where every child is valued and where everyone can experience and make positive relationships
- Offer all pupils an understanding of what prejudice means and how it occurs and enable them to challenge and deal effectively with all forms of discrimination
- Enable all children to achieve the highest standards of attainment and progress within the school's ethos of a total commitment to the practice and principles of equal opportunities
Each year Dunkirk Primary School reviews its provision for promoting equality of opportunity.
This year's review has shown that Dunkirk’s provision is very good and all people from the protected groups mentioned in the Equality Act 2010 have their needs met very well. Each year we will highlight certain areas that can be developed even further.
This year one focus will be on boy’s achievement. This has been identified through our tracking system. Another focus will be on promoting better relationships between people within the parent/adult community who have different religions or beliefs. This has been identified through observation and discussion with different members of the community.
Current Equality Objectives:
- To ensure that the majority of boys make equivalent progress to the girls. All boys should make 2-sub level progress by the end of the year.
- To improve better understanding and awareness between parents who have different religions and beliefs within the school community.
- An Equalities Working Party will meet regularly through the year to find ways of implementing the objectives.